Thursday, September 12, 2013

This was August

 August was quite busy. It was a countdown until my daughter's first day of Kindergarten,  trip to the Sketchbook Project, some round robin journal fun, a little bit of work, a sketch day with my daughter and dad, some pen pal letters sent and my first "real" official run.
 This is the mobile library of the Sketchbook Project. My mom has a book in hear. I had no idea it was coming to Santa Barbara for 2 days! I got off work early and gave myself an hour to indulge in all the awesome books. I checked out around 10 journals and enjoyed most of them a lot. Lots of fun and inspiration. I bought a blank one to take home, fill up and send out. I am excited at the thought of checking it out next year. I better get to work on that soon, It is due in January.

 Here is my first entry in someone else's journal. I had some fun with this one. I like the way it came out. I am very excited to see this round robin every month and to see what all the other artists are doing. The best part will be getting my 2 journals I made back and seeing all the awesome artwork I get to keep!!

My daughter is growing so fast. It was nice to have her at our sketch day this month. She did one sketch in my journal and then collected a bunch of tiny white flowers to decorate my book.

 Finally made a new stamp for my new tags to replace my too large, old ones at the Art Hus. Now I just need to find time to get in there and retag all my stuff :P
 I love it when I find time to send out mail to my 5 pen pals! I have always loved to write letters and then have a bunch of fun making them a bit artsy. I had hoped to get these out every month, but I am not quite hitting that. I think I am at every month and a half or two.
My big personal news is that I signed up and finished a "5K" race. It was Run or Dye. My whole work was going to come out, but it did not really work out like that. I had been trying to hit 3 miles for around a year and was so stoaked to think I was going to finally do it! I am very proud that I finished, but my running app said it was only 2.75 miles. It was fun to be bombarded with color and have my daughter there to cheer me on. I am sure this will not be my last, but don't expect me to be running a 10k or marathon any time soon :)

No comments: