Sunday, February 19, 2012

3 Day Weekend YAY!


 Got some beautiful Phaleonopsis Orchids to lighten my mood to happy inspiration. I even got in a quick sketch. Orchids are so alien looking when you really study them. It was real nice to fit in some art time/space last night and the sketch warmed me up for the Valley Sketcher's meet-up today. I really need to get to work on these birds ASAP. I am hoping over the next two days I can pull it together.
 The Sketch meet-up at Mission Santa Inez was a lot of fun! It was very overcast when we got there at 10 and pretty darn chilly. The way the morning sun was coming through the fog on the hills in the distance was so wonderful. We all debated on how one might capture that look. We ended by pulling out cameras. Mary Beth was the only one who executed it I think. The sketching was good fun! Towards the end a wedding was setting up and a Mariachi Band started to warm up there instruments nearby. We thought it was a loud sterio at first, but we finally pulled our heads up from our sketching to take a look.
 I tried to get a photo, but it did not come out. I sure wished I could watch them perform so I could get a sketch. The sun did come out to warm us up a bit. We left right before the cold winds picked up to meet at Valley Books. It was so nice that so many of us could hang out at the book store share. What a great start to the weekend!!


These are the Mariachis all hiding behinde my Dad's truck and below is my camera attempt at capturing the morning effects. Next step is to clean the house a bit and hang out with my daughter, then on Monday I hope to devote 3-4 hours to the studio. Wish me luck!!

No comments: